ICDN is thrilled to announce the nominated films for the 2022 Semiramis Award for Excellence in Casting. The award will be presented at the prestigious Torino Film Festival on 26th November 2022. Congratulations to the nominees, including ICDN members Constance Demontoy, Deborah Aquila and Catrin Wideryd!
The nominated casting directors are:
RISE (EN CORPS) by Cedric Klapisch (France)
An Dorthe Braker
FABIAN – GOING TO THE DOGS by Dominik Graf (Germany)
THE INNOCENTS by Eskil Vogt (Norway)
Deborah Aquila, Tricia Wood & Lisa Zagoria
Co-Casting: Lisa Lobel, Angela Peri (Boston Casting)
CODA by Sian Heder (USA)
COMEDY QUEEN by Sanna Lenken (Sweden)
The International Casting Directors Network proudly established the ICDN Award for Excellence in Casting in 2016, and has continued to recognise outstanding achievements in casting by our colleagues – members and non-members alike – every year since.
As of 2020, our award has a new name, the Semiramis Award for Excellence in Casting, along with a statuette designed by Swiss master sculptor Peter Hartmann.
The ICDN’s purpose in creating this award was to shine a light on the pivotal role that casting directors play in the creative process of filmmaking.
- 2021 Lucy Pardee (UK) for ROCKS by Sarah Gavron
- 2020 Élodie Demey (FR) for HORS NORMES by Olivier Nakache and Éric Toledano
- Co-casting by Marie-France Michel (FR) and Justine Léocadie (FR)
- 2019 Sara Törnkvist (SE) for BORDER by Ali Abbasi
- 2018 Francesco Vedovati (IT) for DOGMAN by Matteo Garrone
- 2017 Harika Uygur (TR) for MUSTANG by Deniz Gamze Ergüven
- 2016 Antoinette Boulat (FR) & Elsa Pharaon (FR) for STANDING TALL by Emanuelle Bercot